Stein holding contest at Jesse Oaks hosted by Hofbrau - ARE YOU STRONG ENOUGH?
1. Winner of the stein holding contests will be invited to attend the regional competition August 13th at Hofbrauhaus Rosemont to compete against other qualifiers from Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Complementary hotel for the night.
2.Winner of the regional competition will compete in the US National Masskrugstemmen in New York in Central Park September 15-18 (round trip air fare, hotel accommodation plus some spending money) to represent their region in the finals. The actual event on Saturday, September 17th. Finals will be held at the "German-American Friendship Party" following the 57th German-American Steuben Parade at approximately 4 PM on a stage in Central Park. The audience will be approximately 5,000+ people.
3. Winner of the finals will be named "US Champion in Masskrugstemmen" and will receive a trip for two to Munich for three (3) days (excluding Oktoberfest) to visit the original Hofbräuhaus (including round-trip airfare, hotel accommodation and dinner at the Hofbräuhaus).
THE SPORT - "Masskrugstemmen" is a Bavarian sport; the name translates loosely into the lifting of a liter mug of beer. The "Masskrug", a 1 liter Stein, is to be held with one arm, completely stretched out and parallel to the floor - the goal is simple: to hold the Stein up as long as possible.
Stein holding contest hosted by Hofbrau - ARE YOU STRONG ENOUGH?
Masskrugstemmen” is a Bavarian sport; the name translates loosely into the lifting of a liter mug of beer. The “Masskrug”, a 1 liter Stein, is to be held with one arm, completely stretched out and parallel to the floor – the goal is simple: to hold the Stein up as long as possible.
The regionals will be held for Illinois at Hofbrauhaus Chicago on August 13th with hotel and travel paid for.
In cooperation with Hofbräu, 20 restaurants/bars/clubs across the United States will be selected to hold regional tournaments. These can be held as “one night only” events or on a regular (weekly) basis.
The winner of each regional tournament wins a trip to New York (round trip air fare, hotel accommodation plus some spending money) to represent their region in the finals. The finals will be held at the “German-American Friendship Party” following the 58th German-American Steuben Parade on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at approximately 4 PM on a stage in Central Park. The audience will be approximately 5,000+ people.
The winner of the finals will be named “US Champion in Masskrugstemmen” and will receive a trip for two to Munich for three (3) days (excluding Oktoberfest) to visit the original Hofbräuhaus (including round-trip airfare, hotel accommodation and dinner at the Hofbräuhaus).
Whereas the regional tournaments can be held under rules set by the local proprietor, the rules for the finals in New York are strict. It is strongly recommended that local tournaments will be held under rules as close as possible to the following, which will be used at the finals:
- The Masskrug is a 1 liter HB glass stein
- The Masskrug is filled with 1 liter of Hofbräu beer to the mark.
- The combined weight of Stein and Beer is approximately 5.5 pounds
- The Masskrug is to be held with one arm (left or right), stretched out in front of the body (not sideways!), and completely parallel to the floor. Your thumb cannot be on top of handle. Opposite arm must be straight down not supporting your body in any way.
- The stein must be held by the handle. It CANNOT be held through the handle hoop, or by the actual body of the stein.
- The HB logo must always face towards the front of the contestant (away from the contestant) and towards the audience.
- The contestant may not wear any form of artificial support on his/her arm, elbow, wrist, hand or back, including taping or bandaging the arm, elbow, wrist, hand or back for the competition. The contestant may also not wear a back brace during the competition. Any powder, pinetar or similar substances on the hands are also forbidden.
- There is no switching of hands once the competition has started.
- If the arm holding the Masskrug is not absolutely parallel to the floor, the contestant gets a warning – after two warnings, the contestant is disqualified.
- Any spilling of beer is an automatic disqualification.
- We reserve the right to add additional challengers for the finalists in New York.
- Previous national winners are not eligible.
Qualification contests for the 8h US Championship in New York City will be held all over the United States. Locations (cities, restaurants, bars and clubs) will be selected by the German-American Steuben Parade Committee in cooperation with Hofbräuhaus of America, LLC.
ORGANIZERS OF REGIONAL CONTESTS
- Can choose their own date or dates for their contests
- Can advertise their contests in local and regional media and use all available logos for the German-American Steuben Parade, Hofbräu beer as well as the US Championship in Masskrugstemmen.
- Will be competing in the finals in New York for the title of “US Champion in Masskrugstemmen”.
- Will participate on a float in the world famous Steuben Parade on Fifth Avenue in New York City (Saturday, September 17, 2016 starting at Noon).
- Will get free admission for two(2) to the Friendship Party in Central Park.
- Must be available for media interviews before and after the finals.
- Sign a legal disclaimer, as well as a photo release before the start of the parade.
- Please note: Previous National Winners ARE NOT ELIGIBLE to compete at the National level.
THE GERMAN-AMERICAN STEUBEN PARADE COMMITTEE
- Will organize and hold the finals of the US Championship in Masskrugstemmen on Saturday, September 17 at approximately 4 PM on stage at Rumseys Playfield in Central Park in New York City as part of the German-American Friendship Party.
- Will have a minimum of two judges presiding over the finals.
- Will individually introduce all contestants and the establishments and US region they represent to the audience.
- Will advertise the Championship as part of the Steuben Parade festivities in local and regional media in New York City.
- Will organize media coverage of the event and facilitate media interviews with the contestants to help give the event as well as the regional partners the best possible publicity.
S&H Independent Premium Brands, LLC
1792 Wynkoop Street, 505, Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (720) 398-0755 ~ www.shbrands.com